Thursday, September 2, 2010

Memories of Derek

I found a few pictures of Derek I had taken when he was just little....we don't have any others. If you find you have some, please share them with us.

Derek and Benjamin, Spanish Fork Canyon, Utah, Oct. 1978.



Steve and Gayla and kids, 1979.....Dan, Steve, Michael, Jared, Derek, Gayla and David.



Hiking the "Y", April, 1982....Dan, Derek, Michael, Seth.




Derek, on the "Y" outing. (That's David in the back in the blue.)



Success!! Michael, Derek and Seth.....Jared and Dan in the back.



Hiking in the Utah mountains, 1984.





Reunion, August, 1986. (Derek, Dan, Michael, Jared, Crystal, David, Ben, Ray, Jade)
(This how I will always remember Derek.)

Just a little fun story about Derek that I was reminded of during his funeral. Steve and Gayla were living in Spanish Fork, Utah, in a 2nd story apt that had metal stairs going up to their place on the outside. We were with them one day as the boys were playing on the landing outside the front door. Michael must have been about 2 or so, so I guess Derek was around 3 or 4. Derek pushed Michael down the flight of stairs, with Michael landing at the bottom, crying, but basically unhurt. Gayla gets after Derek, telling him that what he did could have made his little brother die. Derek put his hands on his hips, cocked his head and replied "Well, that's ok, we can just get another one!"
I guess he figured little brothers came whenever you wanted them!!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Thank you mom! It's nice to have these posted for everyone. I hope we see more posts from those that have stuff.

Anonymous said...

Thats a cute story! Funny, how little kids think! Derek was always alot of fun!