Friday, September 12, 2008

A Bit of News from the Storm Front

I hope no one minds, but I got this e-mail from Jay today and I thought the family would be interested in knowing how the Claybrooks are doing with this hurricane coming. Hopefully we will hear from the Hatch's soon.

Greetings from the Claybrook Hurricane Center,
Susan, Tristan and I are still here and will be throughout. Teresa and Julie are in Joplin. Her father had surgery today, had complications, and just found out he will be having quadruple heart bypass next Friday. Jill, Joe and family are hunkering down for the storm. Todd was sent to Dallas this afternoon by his company to continue operations there. Jason is staying put here.
We are expecting sustaining winds of between 65-85 mph here at the house. What fun. I'm getting ready to go back into work to direct shutdown operations after 2nd shift ends, and then back in the morning to shut down most of the power. We'll be getting the outer bands by noon and wind will pick up steadily all afternoon. Supposed to make land fall from 1-2 am Saturday morning. We definitely will be loosing power and no idea how long it will be before its back up.
Not sure what Kathys family is doing. Will be talking to them again tomorrow.
The stores are a nightmare. Shelfs are emtpy of all canned goods, liquids. All Walmarts in Houston area are closing down tomorrow and Saturday. Doubt we have Church Sunday. Other that all that, we're fine.
We'll keep you posted.
Gotta go.
Jay

No comments: